In this article, we will be talking about Angular, React, and Vue in particular. To get a comparison based on overall performance, we have given an overview of each web development framework.
React was developed by Facebook in 2013. The 16th version of the library is currently released. It is used by companies such as Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Uber. The framework has a vast community, which means that someone has already solved most of the difficulties that you may encounter. There are many third-party libraries and extensions for it.
Angular is the oldest of the three. It was developed by Google in 2010, and until 2016 was called Angular.js. Angular.js 2 was released in 2016, which was a wholly rewritten Angular.js, and it was a completely new framework. To avoid confusion, the creators decided to abandon the .js prefix in the latest version and left the name Angular for the new framework.
Vue.js is the youngest of the three and, unlike Angular and React, was not developed by a huge corporation. It was initially developed by a former Google employee in 2014 and is now supported by a group of enthusiastic enthusiasts. Despite the fact that this is a new framework, it has gained immense popularity over the past two years.
We shared the main advantages and disadvantages of the three frameworks for comparing and having a quick reference that will help developers in making the right choice.
Advantages and Disadvantages of ReactJS
Benefits of ReactJS
- React is very fast and thanks to the implementation of React Virtual DOM and various rendering optimizations.
- Excellent server-side rendering support, making it a powerful platform for content-oriented applications.
- First-class support for the Progressive Web App (PWA) thanks to the create-react-app application generator.
- Data binding is one-way, which means fewer unwanted side effects.
- Redux, React’s most popular application health management platform, is easy to learn and use.
- React implements functional programming concepts (FPs) by creating easy-to-test and reusable co
- Applications can be created using TypeScript or Facebook’s Flow, with built-in JSX support.
- Switching between versions is usually very simple: Facebook provides “code modules” to automate most of the process.
- React skills can be applied to React to Native development.
Disadvantages of ReactJS
- React is ambiguous and leaves developers the opportunity to choose the best way to develop. This can be resolved by strong project leadership and functional processes.
- The community is divided into ways to write CSS in React, which are divided into traditional style sheets (CSS Modules) and CSS-in-JS (i.e., Emotion and Styled Components).
- React is moving away from class-based components, which could be an obstacle for developers who are more comfortable working with object-oriented programming (OOP).
- Mixing patterns with logic (JSX) can be confusing for some developers when they first meet React.
React is used by various companies like Asana, Intercom, Microsoft, DropBox, Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, Netflix, New York Times, Yahoo, Khan Academy, Slack, Storybook, and many others.
Advantages and Disadvantages of AngularJS
Advantages of AngularJS
- Angular is used with Typescript. He has exceptional support for this.
- Angular-language-service – provides intelligent features and auto-completion of the HTML component template.
- New features such as generation Angular using the npm libraries from the CLI, generation, and component development using Angular.
- Detailed documentation that allows the developer to get all the necessary information without resorting to the help of his colleagues. However, it takes more time to learn.
- The risk of possible errors was minimized by One-way data binding that provides exceptional application behaviour.
- Developers can use the same dataset to work separately on the same section of the application due to MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel).
- In general, the dependency injection of components is associated with modules and modularity.
- Structure and architecture were specially designed for the high scalability of the project.
Disadvantages of AngularJS
- The variety of different structures (Injectables, Components, Pipes, and Modules) complicates the study compared to React and Vue.js, which only have “Component.”
- Relatively slow performance, given various indicators. On the other hand, this can be easily solved using the so-called “ChangeDetectionStrategy,” which helps to control the component rendering process manually.
Angular is used by various companies like UPS, AWS, Weather, Telegram, Google, Paypal, Nike, Youtube, Clarity Design System, Upwork, Cisco Solution Partner Program, Autodesk, Microsoft, MacDonald’s, Apple, GoPro, Crunchbase.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Vue.js
Advantages of Vue.js:
- HTML reinforced. This means that Vue.js has many characteristics similar to Angular, and this, through the use of various components, helps optimize HTML blocks.
- Adaptability. Angular and React have some similarities with Vue.js in terms of architecture and design. Therefore, a quick transition from other frameworks to Vue.js can be made with React and Angular.
- Vue.js has a feature of excellent integration as it can be used to create single-page applications, as well as for more complex web-based application interfaces. It is essential that small interactive elements can be easily integrated into existing infrastructure without negative consequences.
- Scaling. Vue.js can help with the development of reasonably large reusable templates that can be done at almost the same time as simpler ones.
- Tiny size. Vue.js weighs about 20 KB while maintaining its speed and flexibility, which allows you to achieve much better performance compared to other platforms.
Disadvantages of Vue.js:
- Lack of resources. Vue.js still holds a relatively small market share compared to React or Angular, which means that knowledge sharing in this environment is still in its infancy.
- Risk of excessive flexibility. Sometimes Vue.js may have problems integrating into massive projects, and there is still no experience with possible solutions, but they will undoubtedly appear in the near future.
Vue.js is used by various companies like Grammarly, Alibaba, Xiaomi, Gitlab, Adobe, Codeship, Reuters, Behance, Laracasts, EuroNews, WizzAir, and Reuters.
Analytics snapshot of Google trends shows that you can see that React is gaining steady growth since 2017, whereas Angular was very popular until 2016.
With every new update, Angular, React, and Vue comes with new features that further offer reliability and stability to the web apps.
In a nutshell, we can say that for an experienced developer, there is no significant difference in which framework to use, every framework, libraries, and programming language have a separate list of advantages and disadvantages. In our company, we mainly use React and Angular, but Vue.js is also noteworthy. When developing a product, you need to make the right choice for each individual case.
You can consider the information provided above to choose a framework most suitable for your purpose. We assume that you may be clear regarding the right choice of tech-stack for your application. In case of any dilemma, you can talk to a proficient web app development agency for proper guidance.
Hire NetAesthetics for frontend web development
NetAesthetics is a web app development platform that helps companies stay competitive in today’s rapidly changing workplace. We aim to help you in accomplishing the development needs by offering the latest, relevant, and on-demand development programs. We have expertise in providing front-end solutions, and we offer premium services for web app development by using React, Angular, Vue, and many other front-end frameworks.
Our company has a 100% project success rate, and our developers are certified in their field of expertise. NetAesthetics has achieved unlimited trust and credibility by delivering projects on-time.
The agile development process assures transparency and confidentiality to our clients. We made our business stand out with the vast experience and knowledge of more than ten years.
For further assistance, share your development plan and get in touch with us via Skype, Email, or Call.